Category Archives: awards
I wanted to say Thank You SO much to Carly from My Hearing Loss Story for nominating me for this award. I started blogging in 2009 or 2010 (I think it was) as a way to figure out the changes life with chronic illness and chronic pain brought. That was post hip replacement/possible Fibro diagnosis/just diagnosed with Hashimoto’s. So in a short frame of time a lot of my life changed. I finished my degree program, started homeschooling my youngest, and moved just about once a year there for a while.
I have made some new friends and learned so much through my little blogging group and finding people that understand and share their own changes and frustrations. It’s nice to know we’re not alone!
The rules for the Liebster Award:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify them of the nomination
- Give them 11 questions to answer
11 Random Facts About Xun
- I am an only child.
- I have three kids of my own.
- I used to be a dancer, which is probably why my doctors missed hip dysplasia and all the symptoms that are now leading to an EDS diagnosis.
- I am a writer and had some of my work published in a book of poetry in 1999.
- I have 13 tattoos and 7 piercings.
- I was the first woman in my family to go to college since my great-grandmother.
- I have lived in 8 states.
- Alice in Wonderland is my favorite story (which lead to Xun in Wonderland!)
- My first car was a little ’78 Datsun that my best friend nicknamed “Corky”.
- My family goes to the Renaissance Festival every year and I have a full set of garb.
- Xunae was created from my WoW character and she’s my alter-ego (and the better, badass version of me!).
My questions from Carly:
- Where do you live? Maryland, USA (about 40 miles from Washington, DC)
- What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten? Oh! I could go on and on about this! I got to grow up in Hawaii and the food there is amazing!! But my favorite thing and the first thing that comes to mind is Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Read (I *love* my OwlCrate subscription box!!), game (I play Diablo 3), watch movies…
- Three things you can’t live without… The cheesy answer? My kids. The truest answer? my meds. But the best answer in the spirit of this: books, being able to go be by the water when I need to think, and music.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure? cheesy rom coms
- Describe yourself in three words. brave, strong, creative
- What single quality do you most appreciate in people? honesty
- Say something nice about yourself… When I love someone, I love them completely and I will protect them with my life.
- Why did you start blogging? to connect with people, to share information, to have an outlet
- Something that makes you laugh? my kids, my cats, witty humor
- Something you want to achieve or do in the next 5 years. Get off my arse and get my book written.
My nominees for the Liebster Award are:
- Kara from Polishing Dookie
- Laura from RibbonRX
- Pamela from Living in a Limited World
- Wendy from Picnic With Ants
- Laura from Bipolar for Life
- Brittany from Shits & Giggles
- Kate from Kate is Rising
- Lisa from Life of an El Paso Woman
- Kayla from Intrestinal Fortitude
- Migraines From Hell
My questions for my nominees:
- If you opened your eyes tomorrow in a whole new existence, what is the first thing you would do?
- What would you eat if you could only have one thing for an entire year?
- What’s your zodiac sign? Do you think it suits you?
- What is your perfect day?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Where would you like to visit?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your middle name?
- Savory or sweet?
- What is your favorite animal?
- Who do you look up to?
To my nominees: please don’t feel like you have to complete this – I took a couple of weeks before I wrote this up and it takes a bit of time. If you have the time and want to write this up, then please do (I would love to see the answers!), but if you don’t want to share too much info or you just don’t have the time (or energy!), please don’t feel pressured to. I just wanted to share and to let some of the people I read and have met through here how awesome I think they are!
*gentle hugs* and Happy Blogging! (And THANK YOU so much!!) ~ Xun